Well, we made it through our full week in practicums. Hope all of your lessons went well. I focussed on sequencing and locating title and author with my kindergarteners. I also had them link events in a story to real life events. I was extatic to see that all of the students that I assessed made improvement and were able to do tasks that they were unable to do on the pre-assessment. Even the little girl who was too shy to even speak to me during the pre-assessments made some improvement! Since my focus was on Thanksgiving, on Thursday I had the kids make turkeys and on the feathers they wrote four things that they were thankful for. They were so cute! They were all excited to share things they were thankful for and were excited to take them home to share with their parents.
I would consider my week in kindergarten a success, even if I did feel like I wanted to pull my hair out some days! Takes a special kind of person to be a kindergarten teacher...
No comments:
Post a Comment